New player here, looking to make my mark on AoS.

Discussion in 'New Player Introduction' started by Foxhound3857, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Newbie

Hey guys, Foxhound here, long time fan of Age of Shadows, and boy was it a thrill to discover that this community actually has it.

I already have my primary build planned out, I just need some guidance on how to get started financially, where I should start training and funding myself for the future. My eventual goal is to run Doom Gauntlet for Artifacts, after farming some of the Paragon artifacts to get geared up for the adventure.

Pally Archer starting build plan: 100/100/25
    Swords: 100
    Tactics: 100
    Archery: 100
    Anat: 100
    Healing: 100
    Chivalry: 100
    Focus: 100

Once I have 720 and the appropriate skills I plan to drop Focus and 120 the other six. Eventually once I have 255 stats I will go 120/120/15 and get something to raise my Mana to 20, meeting the minimum requirement for all Chivalry spells.

How do I get started as an unfunded Pally Archer? What advice can you offer me to help me start supporting myself financially and making this toon successful?

2. Varyne99

Varyne99 Newbie

I started 4 weeks ago and because of the Graveyard winter spawn i ended up just doing laps of Trinsic moongate, killing and looting everything to GM the basics on my starter dexxer because of the endless ettin/orge/orc spawn plus chance at easy paragons.

With no magery and no recall in Dungeons/ish it was probably more efficent in the end and you can run past vendors to sell all your trash on the way to the bank.

The servers pretty quiet out in the wild and the spawn is plentiful so i'm sure theres lots of places, thats just the best i found within a quick bank run.

3. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Newbie

I figure I might give Shame a try; Earth Elementals were always one of my favorite hunting grounds. Shouldn't be too bad if I can save up a bit of gold for a set of Spined Leather Armor. The physical resist + luck would do me well there.

With double skill gains in dungeons, I imagine that GMing Swords and Tactics wouldn't be too hard there either. Either there or farm Harpies in Covetous, and stock up on feathers to amass my arrows later.

4. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

We do have a custom instance dungeon you can farm once a day. The mobs there have a chance of dropping a decent piece of a set thats usable for your spec, and it has luck so the entire suit itself will have around 1000 luck or so.

Would be a good starting point. If your not opposed to players helping you out, I'm sure there's a few people on there that have extra pieces of the set they would be willing to sell/gift to you.

5. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Newbie

Set? I don't remember sets from classic AoS. Is that a new thing for Multi? Are Artifacts no longer the way to go?
    Where can I find this dungeon?

It'd also help if I knew where to find merchants selling GM gear, so I could get a suit of Spined Leather and a GM Broadsword to get started.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018