The Second Age Official Patch Suggestions

Discussion in 'T2A Discussion' started by Punkte, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Please reply in this thread to what you'd like us to work on next.
    We'd like to ensure players that we're here to build a server that you'd all love to play on.

Many of the things we will work on will be player suggested improvements on ways we can generally improve and increase player retention and activity, and bring new players into the community.

As with many suggestions, we can not do them all, as many of the suggestions do not fit with either the overall theme of what we are doing or are not overly adopted by the majority of the player community.

Thank You, we look forward to hearing your suggestions and feedback.

Kid Charlemagne and peej like this.
  2. Macho

Macho Newbie

The pet bonding system is terrible, I understand you don't want to make it easy and you want to give value to the deeds people buy but you need to do a ridiculous amount of farming to bond any pet. Bonding utility pets? There's no chance. There needs to be some sort of timer or if you want it more dynamic, do a quest of some sort based on type of animal. I don't know if that's even possible lol.

Events, either pvp or pvm, I don't know what kind of systems you have in place for a GM to run an event but if I were you I would try to build a very good infrastructure so GM's can easily run an event other than just town invasions.

3. Punkte

The primary function of the bonding change to T2A was that in that people can bond their pet in several hours as opposed to just waiting 7 days. Now, obviously we've seen some issues with the bonding XP algorithm in general over the past couple months. Basically the entire point is (go out and actually play). The point of the Bond Deeds was as many of the things we have in the dono shop. Play time vs donation investment. You can support the server in 2 ways when it comes to pet bonding. Playing the game and investing your play time to level your pet to bond it, or helping pay for the server costs through donations and doing it that way.

We want to get away from the pointless (just wait a week) game design. It does nothing positive to the actual server at all, as you don't even need to log on the character at all, and you don't contribute at all during that process, besides after your pet bonds.

T2A never had bonding, and as an agreement for adding bonding, we also wanted to add risk vs reward in it as well.

We have and will be revisiting the XP algorithm for improved and larger XP gains and are allowing players with ways to get bonus XP by participating in the systems we have in place to make the process faster, by being at risk with announcing a dungeon capture, etc. T2A will have a moderate riskiness in some of its systems, as thats the nature of the era we are aiming to build and mirror off of. The modified XP algorithm will likely come out today in Part 2 of Publish 4.1.

Also word of advice, take it if you want to. Don't preface your comments with this is terrible. You have absolutely every right to think that, but maybe better chosen words could have still explained the issues you see with the current system in place. Staff spend countless hours/days writing some of this code, so its kind of an insult way of phrasing it.

4. a salt rifle

a salt rifle Newbie

Taming: Once XP gain issues are sorted:
    Revisit pack instincts to make sure that the bonuses are sufficient when using high end 1 slot pets like hellhounds and frenzied ostards to offset the massive difference in survivability against dragons & white wyrms.
    Once that's done, look at introducing some other pet types (fire steeds, maybe some shit that looks cool but otherwise has similar stats to existing pets, maybe some other stuff like giant serpents).

Barding:
    Provo feels like it's in a good place
    Peace/Discord have the usual T2A era problem that they can't be used at all on higher end mobs including all but the weakest paragons. Maybe add a success floor that kicks in once reaching GM skill where peace/disco always have a small (maybe 20% or so) chance to stick to creatures that aren't explicitly flagged as bard immune.

Magery:
    Make it so meditation never fails at GM skill (right now active med fails a lot if you use it just after casting offensive spells like ebolt)

Dexxing:
    Don't have a dexxer yet, can't comment.

Crafting:
    Don't have a crafter yet, can't comment.

5. FLiTz

FLiTz Newbie

Enhanced system plant system with gardeners tools and seed book. Maybe plant bods. Make this many type and colour of plant... get cool stuff. As you may know now punkte, it takes alot of time and daily attention. I've only got about a 8th of the seeds there are to grow and combine to make other plants and I've been messing with it nearly every day for a couple months. Seed books would make things easier to track. I have a chest and pouch system going on now but it is a pain in the ass. I found a seed book script on runuo forums you could test and mess with as well as an enhanced plant system...not 100% sure how it works as I haven't set up my old test server to mess with scripts in a while. Discord me if you're interested

6. peej

peej Newbie

* I like the other tameables idea. ( possibly with pack instinct increase have other lower slot pets available) (possibly other selection of non combat / taming required pets for others to ride / sell off)

* Possibly have non combat type skill power scrolls expanded to include taming? I've noticed with dragons that sometimes I get them within a few attempts and other times I've tried for 15 mins and fail on the same one. With higher taming would be nice to decrease the range on those attempts.

* Have a alternate way to harvest micro souls. Currently I've found when attempting to create a shrink potion via alchemy (100.0 skill level) I only have a 50% chance to create the potion. I only had 4 souls to test with, but I created 0 of 4 potions and each time the micro soul was consumed. Currently I think these are only given from champs or boss (event) drops, I'm not sure if there is a way to trasmute to create them? Would be nice

Instances - Make a way to queue for a group similar to queue'ing for the fight pit. This would allow for solo players, or at times when peak amounts are not on to possibly complete some of these higher tier's.

Achievements - It "seems" that a few of the achievements might be broken currently and would like to see ideas for new achievements to accomplish. (i say seems because the "find a healer" and "collecet a million gold coins" doesnt seem to be working for me, but I could just not be doing these properly to get the rewards )

I'll add more if I think of it. Great work so far guys I do appreciate the time and effort that has been put in so far.

Kid Charlemagne likes this.
  7. Kid Charlemagne

Kid Charlemagne Newbie

So let me preface, the T2A shard I play on mainly is pretty good. Most of the systems are fairly complete and work rather well to complement the game in general. I will add a few things though.....

I will agree with Macho on pet bonding, I guess this is a source of contention but I will say this, the concept is good.... I am just unsure about the play-ability of it. It adds a certain grief tactic into the game and how does making it hard to change my pokemon color, really add risk to the game? Not to mention, so horse bonding is simply non-existent? What about beetles? Sure it can be done, but the ass pain required is crazy..... Solution, add 10 more levels to the pet levels (20 total?) and make the first 5 something that can be done rather quickly, with some sort of ability to bond non-combat pets without grinding mongbats.... i mean c'mon...

Era specific arguments.... ok can we stop these all together? Nothing is Era specific about ANY free UO servers that I have ever played..... they all have custom content.... in fact let's be fair and just say if any of us had to play on OSI UO with T2A rules in 2018, we simply wouldn't. When I go to an Era specific shard I am looking for combat mechanics, insurance (present or not) and fel based landset rules (among others of course). But the overall content, has very little to do with Era specifics.... in fact that leads me to the next point....

End Game Content... where some other free servers have great end game content, these servers overall do not..... This is very relevant in the T2A shard, not sure how relevant in AoS. But in T2A, the end game content is non-existent.... Powerscrolls are a no go, artifacts obviously no-go, no meta pets/evo pets, no super big houses, no PVE changing items whats-o-ever....so what makes me stay longer than a month or 2? UO isn't a hard game.... we need content to play for.

PVE Content..... I enjoy the amount of variety in terms of PVE bosses/mobs etc. but there has to be some reason to grind these things in terms of End Game Content... I really think PVE changing End Game Items are much needed.... cool graphic items and 'rarity' items are fun to trade but never will drive the price and demand that End Game Items will. Any additions should be difficult to get in terms of the RNG.

PVP... its dead, but to be fair you can go to UOF, which on the slowest day, my guild there has more people on than the entire T2A server on its most populated moment, and pvp is dead there too! Its not the server its the game.... bring more PVE players to the shard and the PVPers will follow to kill them.....

Orc Cave.... its really buggy... not sure whats going on in there...

Last but not least..... Marketing! Gotta market the server..... if folks do not know that we exist, how can they join us? I have some ideas on this, but chances are they have been done already. FYI I have played free servers for over 5 years and I have no idea what the website that you guys promote to vote on, is or what it is for.... might need a different target...

Ummm, thats all I have for now.... I am sure some folks won't agree with me but whats new?

Thanks for the work though, @Punkte and the rest of the staff. I enjoy playing here man!

peej likes this.
  8. Punkte

Understand the frustration on the pet bonding. As far as horses, beetles, etc, we have come up with different ways to help this process. While we will be fixing XP gain first and foremost. Second, Bonding Level will be changed to the following algorithm.
    Level Required To Bond = Pet Follower Slots Taken + 1.

For example, Dragon will require level 4, nightmares 3, hell hounds, beetles, horses, 2.
    You also have 100% XP bonus in a captured dungeon as well and we will start releasing some +to XP gain items for T2A.

We aren't trying to be "Era Accurate". But we want to have a heavy influence on our PvP content based on that while also modifying to create a better balance.

As far as endgame content goes.
    We are in the works of adding Meta Talismans, that will include Archery, Warrior, and Mage types.
    Warrior will utilize Weapon Abilities, and a Damage Increase Bonus with weapons, as well as the ability to hold 3 separate weapon abilities and 3 separate slayers.
    Mage has a new system called Spell Morphing. These Spell Morph Runes can be added into the talisman (up to 3) as well as 3 slayers as well, and when casting the specific spell, it has a chance to morph it into a newer more powerful spell dealing more damage.

We have also proposed adding another 10-20 levels to pets, and each 10 levels will begin to morph the pet into a stronger and cooler looking variant (for specific pet types). We could also add in the abilities system for pets from AOS and create new ones for pets that have been morphed.

Galleon Siege water fortresses and boss will also come relatively soon and these will require galleons or a coordination of ships to take out and can reward resources, higher gold amounts, and rarer items.

Guild Fortresses in the future as far as PvP content.

If you have any suggestions on specific item types that would make good end-game items, please feel free to reply here as suggestions. With the release of the talismans, we can very well begin adding tougher monsters and newer dungeon levels with improved loot and rare items.

We spent an average of around 3-5$ a day on marketing still. Which ends up adding up pretty quickly. I'm not sure there's much more else we can do besides the video content I put out for various events. But we will continue. The best way for us to market is to get a dedicated player streaming what they do when they play on the server. That is the absolute best way to market the server atm. Twitch and Youtube streaming.

Orc cave was fixed in this last patch. It should be fine now.

peej and Kid Charlemagne like this.
  9. Punkte

We have a seed book script already, we use it on AOS. I can see if we can enable it back on T2A as well. It was in the Donation Store last I checked.

10. a salt rifle

a salt rifle Newbie

One other thing someone brought up in our guild chat is that the Winterfest mobs were a lot more appealing to farm during your initial implementation at various graveyards and next to no one is farming them now.

I don't mean it was better because of the custom house roof stuff, but they were a lot easier to get to, the spawners were more concentrated in one area rather than spread out (so easier for barding and mages to farm), and a lot less likely to get yourself in a situation where you were fucked and lost your corpse (because of hordes of powerful shit camping the teleporter etc).

I don't know how long winterfest is going to continue, but if it will still be around for a while, might be worth looking at going back to the way you had it earlier (or else something to just keep in mind for future world events).

In similar but related fashion, one of my favorite hunting spots in Deceit is taken over by winterfest spawners right now.

11. Kid Charlemagne

Kid Charlemagne Newbie

"Understand the frustration on the pet bonding. As far as horses, beetles, etc, we have come up with different ways to help this process. While we will be fixing XP gain first and foremost. Second, Bonding Level will be changed to the following algorithm.
    Level Required To Bond = Pet Follower Slots Taken + 1.

For example, Dragon will require level 4, nightmares 3, hell hounds, beetles, horses, 2.
    You also have 100% XP bonus in a captured dungeon as well and we will start releasing some +to XP gain items for T2A."
    +1 I like that.

"As far as endgame content goes.
    We are in the works of adding Meta Talismans, that will include Archery, Warrior, and Mage types.
    Warrior will utilize Weapon Abilities, and a Damage Increase Bonus with weapons, as well as the ability to hold 3 separate weapon abilities and 3 separate slayers."
    +1 I would try to tie that into either mob loot, crafting or some player driven actions.

"Mage has a new system called Spell Morphing. These Spell Morph Runes can be added into the talisman (up to 3) as well as 3 slayers as well, and when casting the specific spell, it has a chance to morph it into a newer more powerful spell dealing more damage."
    +1 Same, tie into loot tables.

"We have also proposed adding another 10-20 levels to pets, and each 10 levels will begin to morph the pet into a stronger and cooler looking variant (for specific pet types). We could also add in the abilities system for pets from AOS and create new ones for pets that have been morphed."
    +1 Same as above.

"Galleon Siege water fortresses and boss will also come relatively soon and these will require galleons or a coordination of ships to take out and can reward resources, higher gold amounts, and rarer items."
    +1 hell yeah!

"Guild Fortresses in the future as far as PvP content."
    +1

"If you have any suggestions on specific item types that would make good end-game items, please feel free to reply here as suggestions. With the release of the talismans, we can very well begin adding tougher monsters and newer dungeon levels with improved loot and rare items."

I feel like you have quite a bit already, just need to see those systems through. Gotta find a balance between reasonable and challenging....

Overall, thanks for the response, Great stuff incoming. I look forward to the changes!

12. peej

peej Newbie

It was asked on discord but I'll post it here.

Pet dye would be a nice option. Or a way to pull a pet hue / sacrifice the pet to hue another pet.

13. Punkte

Winterfest will be done on the 15th, so currently no point in editing that out. Easter's event will require people to cure poisoned bunnies all around and fight some monsters when opening eggs. So that will not be done in the dungeons, more the farmyards instead. We'll revisit the areas for future holiday events like winterfest and re-assign their location.

peej likes this.
  14. Punkte

Just worked on that and finished it.
    The "Pet Air Freshener" will strip a creature's hue and grab the creature's type.
    It will have 1 use, and store the hue in the item itself.
    Once stored, a player can only apply that hue to a pet of the same type (Dragon on Dragon, etc).

peej likes this.
  15. peej

peej Newbie

Looking forward to the Easter stuff. I think with the Winterfest mobs, the big issue (personally) was the fact that I could get started and knock the spawn down and usually was at or close to max weight so I had to recall back to the bank to unload and start again. By moving this to a dungeon (Ice wasn't as bad) you now have to travel back into the dungeon from the entrance to pick up where you left off. This brings me to 2 more ideas I had thought about.

1. Reduce the weight of Gold - this doesn't have to be done right out, maybe make it a guild perk that as it scales the amount of reduction is increased?

2. Mark / Gate / Recall in dungeons - I know this was voted on, but if this would bring more players to the server if this is what they really want, maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I like the weekly patch communication / pushes that will happen. I know that sometimes those can be quite large, but I think it would be beneficial to keep these on a set schedule (weekly / bi-monthly). If items have to be be split up and pushed in separate patches I think that is fine if players know when the next patch cycle will be and can expect those changes to be pushed at that time. I know at times there might be delays at times with patches and issues arise, but I think this would really help with some who say they are *waiting for certain things* before logging back in.

I think the server is going great so far, and I know the pop has took a dip, but hopefully it can be turned around because you guys offer great content and a stable environment.

16. peej

peej Newbie

Plant growth time expedited. Half current timers maybe?