Item damage + modifiers

Discussion in 'T2A Discussion' started by Mr. Alitus, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Here's an interesting one:

I was comparing some weapons this morning, specifically two war forks. I have conluded with a hypothesis that the display damages are perhaps not accurate, or if they are, perhaps the damage modifiers on magical weapons are not accurate.

A Tale of Two War Forks:
    Fork One
    is magical (Rare), I got it from a treasure chest in Destard while hiding from dragons (Yes, I am Bilbo Baggins). It has the following modifiers: Durable, Force, Accurate.

Based on the info I found at Item Identification - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia that should be:
    • +10 to Item HP (Durable)
    • +5 to Damage (Force)
    • +5 to Weapon Skill (Fencing I believe) (Accurate)
    WarForkMagic.jpg
    Stats: Wep Dmg: 5-31
    Wep Speed: 45
    Str Req: 35
    Max Durability: 74
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Fork Two was crafted by me, unexceptionally, and is "Common".
    WarForkCommon.jpg
    Stats: Wep Dmg: 5-31 (Same as "Force" magic one)
    Wep Speed: 45 (Same as magic one)
    Str Req: 35 (Same as magic one)
    Max Durability: 87 (+13 from the "Durable" magic one)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The issues which may exist based on this casual comparison:
    • The normal crafted war fork (not even exceptionally made) has +13 durability from the Magical one with (Durable) modifier. This seems silly and counter to common sense as the magical weapon has a specific durability modifier, as well, is considered "Rare" and thus, should be terribly f*cking awesome by all objective video game standards.
    • The magical war fork has the same visual "weapon damage" when viewing the statistics. I would expect this damage to be modified (higher) based on the special properties of the magic weapon, to the tune of +5 damage based on uoguide.com.
    Of note- the character status panel does seem to display the modfied (increased) damage of the +FORCE weapon, even if it is not displayed on the popup of the weapon when mousing over it. So, this may mean that this issue is solely aesthetic and nothing more, perhaps?
    As seen below...

23-83.jpg
    11-72.jpg

Thanks for looking into this. T2A fo life

2. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

One more item I forgot in the OP:
    The "accurate" modifier should give my character +5 fencing with this weapon if memory serves correct (Increasing odds of landing a hit, so actually useful).
    Is this change happening behind the code, as it is not showing up in the skillsheet. Thanks!
    fencing100.jpg

3. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

You are correct that the accurate property should be giving out the skill..

As far as everything else, what you see in your status bar is the actual damage that you can potentially do to a Monster. In T2A, by default, your damaged is doubled against monsters. So basically, what you see in your Status Bar, if you were to halve that, that would be your accurate damage range against players (plus whatever their AR is).

The damage range on the weapon will never change, but it will tell you the weapons basic min/max. When you equip the weapon ,the status bar will show its changes based on its damage level, quality, accuracy, etc.

Basically, there is no bug besides the fencing not going higher when u have accuracy.

4. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Awesome, thanks for looking into this!

5. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

This is fixed internally and will be applied to the server soon.