T2A and paragon monsters

Discussion in 'T2A Discussion' started by Mr. Alitus, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Hello! Me again. I've been on the test center a little bit lately while launch draws closer...I have something to discuss: Paragon Monsters in T2A. Overall, I love the idea of paragon monsters (not like it matters what I think specifically, but that's just my stance on the matter) since it offers a bit of excitement in what can be a fairly routine dungeon grind. However, after murdering a bunch of the lower-level ones in T2A, I have not noticed any additional "juice" for the massive additional "Squeeze" associated with the paragon monsters on the T2A Test Center shard. That is to say, the loot, fame/karma, etc, seem to be just the same as for a normal monster as it is for a paragon monster. I would expect dispatching a paragon monster would give you something cool/rare/exciting/colorful?

This is especially troublesome for some encouters such as a paragon Dragon or other high-tier monster, to which I really have no interest in grinding out a long fight with, if there is no additional reward. I'll simply avoid it and it will live on forever and continue to terrorize the shard similar to Smaug.

Anyway, am I missing something with these--- are they supposed to have rare loot or at least tons of gold, or something? Or are they going to be pulled altogether for the T2A Shard?

2. Vorspire

Vorspire Administrator Developer

I'm sure the loot could use improving.

All paragons do have a chance to drop a rare "Crude Doll" which can only otherwise be found on the Donation Exchange.

3. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Ok, thanks. I would recommend at least providing some unique incentives for the higher-tiered ones, like Ogres+, since they are damn hard to kill (Especially the dragons and balrons, etc). Even a good chance at a horde of cash or a super rare treasure map or something that makes you feel like it was worth the effort. You guys are doing an amazing job though, I hope you make enough $$ to keep up the maintenance on these shards and keep it as a passion.

Vorspire likes this.
  4. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

The loot levels themselves and gold obtained "should" be higher. If its not, we will correct it.
    We are deciding on whether to add monsters of the week / dungeon of the week or something for skill scrolls, but if we don't, then they will likely go on paragons as well.

5. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Right on... it seemed like on the few I killed on the test server so far that it was right in line with a normal monster loot, if that helps any. But, I also didn't kill any "top tier" monsters, so I am arguably not doing the scientific method much justice. It's totally possible that paragon drake that keeps raping me in Destard will drop 5k or something, I just have no way of killing it to find out, hah.

6. Punkte

This has been addressed and will be modified in the next patch.
    They will now give 50% more gold, a bonus higher loot table, and you can potentially get custom deco as well as a chance to get Slayer Plans (needed to add slayers to weapons)

7. Mr. Alitus

Mr. Alitus Newbie

Wow, fantastic! This truly will help the motivation to put in the time/effort to kill those rabid yellow beasts.

8. Mouser

Mouser Newbie

I killed a paragon rat and got some vanilla so I guess the drop tables are in effect.

9. Punkte

The vanilla is just an ingredient for "Chocolateering". Basically just for making chocolate.
    They will now give 50% more gold, a bonus higher loot table, and you can potentially get custom deco as well as a chance to get Slayer Plans (needed to add slayers to weapons).