Reusing names, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Shards Discussion' started by Erdrick, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Erdrick

Erdrick Newbie

I created some characters with some pretty terrible builds and now I want to just delete them and start fresh. On my first re-creation I was told that my deleted character's name was in use. I waited roughly a week and tried again but still says the name is taken. Is this a permanent thing or do I just have to wait a really long time for my previous names to become available?

2. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Names should be able to be re-used when deleted. Now, whether that is happening correctly is something I'll check out.
    Thank you for letting us know.

3. Vorspire

Vorspire Administrator Developer

The names are cached permanently, the name won't be free'd again until the server is restarted and can re-initialize the entire cache and detect that your old character was deleted.

I will take a look into handling the deletion of characters and unregistering their names with a more immediate solution.

ralphidian likes this.
  4. ralphidian

ralphidian Newbie

I have two towers with 2 hard drives in 1 and 3 in the other my monitor cost 4.000 if theres any thing I can do to help let me know try playing on a 40 inc monitor iy awesome. there not tvs at all guys it call Elo touch sulutions