Suggestions/ questions what do you think about...

Discussion in 'AOS Discussion' started by Eigust, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Eigust

Eigust Neophyte

Well in first place i want to talk about some necromancy issues... like strangle , last time i checed it , it doesnt work properly with SS . Instead of do 11 ticks with 110 ss or 12 ticks with 120 ss it always do 10 ticks. Second issue is i think ( i am not sure) that familiar doesnt waste stamin pushing them , cause is always near of you so u are always pushing it and u cant move properly.
    ***Edit vengenful spirit hit chance is really really low... i dont know why but fail 90% of hits, dont know how the formula works but it will be nice that also with more necro and ss the hit chance go up... cause is really really low

Second issue is about chival, like i say in discord so many times, the actual formula of remove curse is totally OP, cause dont check caster skill vs enemy skill.... no check number of curses on target, also the succes chance is if not near 100% always... That not only make the skill really really strongh, also make that ps´s on necromany or chival 120 useless.... also make chival template extremly op, not only because is a skill that works alone, also cause u only need near 70 to be 100% efective....

Another think i complain, is about hit areas, like poison area etc.... i am not a user of this kind of weapons, but i notice a damage extremly low, i think it must be bumped a bit to make artys like serpets fang or task masker more usable.

And finally, i sugest the removal of lost lands... is a land mass that dont give nothing in to the shard, less champs spawns make more action, more "valuable" artys and ps´s etc etc.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Morg77

Morg77 Newbie

I don't PVP so no opinion on the Necro and Chiv topic.

However, some of us like the Lost Lands and use it for more than just champ spawns. There is no good reason to remove it, if you don't like it, don't go there. Just because you don't care for something doesn't mean it should be removed for everyone else.

3. Eigust

Eigust Neophyte

well, another suggestion is nerf champ rewards in lost lands... it can work

4. Morg77

Morg77 Newbie

Personally, I wouldn't care if they removed the champ spawns and put things back as they were. Sucks to have to run to the end of the map to find titans to kill. I do like the change of adding dragons out there.

I was out there training barding on the lizardmen and didn't even know it was a champ spawn until a 105 Magery PS appeared in my pack.

5. Savory

Savory Alpha Tester

People aren't raiding the fel champ spawns either.. i really don't see a difference in removing the lost lands spawns if people aren't even raiding the fel ones

i'm against removing lost lands. i enjoy going out there to farm or spawn sometimes, not because i'm afraid of being raiding in fel, but because i like the randomness of the spawns. it makes things more interesting if you just do a spawn, spawn another thing, and its something different. it feels less monotonous.
    I don't see a rallying of support for your hate on lost lands. Why do you hate it there so much?

Instead of nerfing lost lands spawns, if this guy wants them to be more easily accessible to raid, or whatever, just make it so you can recall in and out of lost lands instead.

6. Eigust

Eigust Neophyte

The fact is... is lot but lot more easy get ganked on feluca... so obv lot of people go to lost lands... that u cant recall... to do easy and safe champs cause they DROP SAME as feluca champs...that not only make less pvp and make champs less funny, also devalue artys and ps prices...

7. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

I will be taking a look at the formulas for strangle for necro to make the ticks last longer.
    Chivalry at this time won't be changed. We have plenty of things that add to Chivalry's usefulness past 60 skill.

As far as Vengeful Spirit. The more SS you have, the higher the tactics, swords, damage, resists, etc of the vengeful spirit. So at 100 SS, its 100 base swords, tactics, etc. Every 1 point in SS past 100 increases the revenants skill by 1 as well.

KenshinHimura likes this.
  8. KenshinHimura

KenshinHimura Neophyte

Punkte, when it comes to Vengeful Spirit, can you please add some dispel resist to it? Anything worth killing has magery and it gets pretty much insta-dispelled. Also, I was not aware of it scaling stats with SS, that seems cool.

strangle:
    Strangle (requires target)

• Power is (casters Spirit Speak / 10) (minimum of 4).
    • Each point of power equals one more tick of damage.
    • Damage is (power - 2) to (power + 1) modified by a calculation based on the targets fatigue (3 - (Current stamina / Maximum stamina * 2)).
    that was from a stratics FAQ thread that was made in july of 2004 (during AOS), before SE came out. So if it doesnt scale up with SS skill then it most definitely should. [Necromancy] - Necromancy FAQ

9. Punkte

It does scale up, but the way it worked, it capped at 11 ticks instead of 12. Because the code was based off : --ticks instead of ticks-- so it was off by one when a tick would be deducted by one.

Also @KenshinHimura, resist also scales up based on SS.
    Which means a lower frequency of being able to dispel it.

The skills in total that are scaled up are:
    Magic Resist 100-120
    Tactics 100-120
    Swords 100-120
    Detect Hidden 75 - 90

The resists scale up as well to...
    Phys - 40 - 74
    Cold - 40-74
    Fire - 0-24
    Poison - 100
    Energy - 40-74

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  10. Eigust

Eigust Neophyte

i Know that about Vengenful spirit, also i know that necro make it more powerful too in (in osi) here dont know . But still being useless... never land a hit and damage is to low, may be is because the bump that necro give to it is not scripted? only obtain de ss bonus?

11. Punkte

Its in the game and it functions. Its really all based on the skill of the caster for its ability to land a hit and its resistance to dispel.
    Its using the same exacts stats OSI is using as well.

12. Eigust

Eigust Neophyte

Now seriusly i know this is AOS and blablabla... but the formula of remove curse is really unbalanced... pls renew the formula to be a bit balanced with necro cause right now is extremly unbalanced... The formula of OSI still do HARD counter to necro, is only put a bit of common sense to the formula to make not the 100% removal of all curses/ mortal strikes... and make that casters skill vs enemy skill make some difference... U can play on demise or OsI and lot of people still use chival in templates, but at least they dont have 100% guaranted removal... this is uo... is about chances... right now if u start to do torunaments will be extremly unbalanced mague chivals vs dexxers cause they 100% remove mortal strikes giving dexxers 0 chances to get a kill