Cu Sidhe

Discussion in 'AOS Discussion' started by Rage, Sep 30, 2016.

?

Would you like to see Cu Sidhe back to normal?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Rage

Rage Newbie

Hi i am here to start a poll over whether Cu sidhe's should be set to normal because me i am a big PVE person and thats all i really do and i would like to see the best tamable creature in the game become usable

2. KenshinHimura

KenshinHimura Neophyte

having post-aos tamables in aos is a bad idea. their self healing easily makes afk farming doable moreso than now

3. Rage

Rage Newbie

Well Afk farming is just as easy now as it is with cu sidhe's i promise that. Its up to the owner and his GMs to keep the afking down

4. Batercus

Batercus Newbie

I agree with this, I don't care about the removal of the self-healing tbh, but the strength of mare + dragon vs just cu is not comparable. I think the cu should either be reverted to its original stats and still cost 4, stay the way it is, and cost 3, or make it slightly weaker, and cost 2. I haven't done much training of a cu cause it just doesn't seem usable, so I don't know how strong their potential is.

5. Punkte

Punkte Administrator Community Manager Developer

Concept of removing the healing was so we can help control people just AFKing. With having it on, it almost makes you not even need to do anything but leave your pet there. Thats not what we were going for when we added them in. They are also not meant to be the most powerful pet in the game either. They are meant to be below the mare/drag combo and are meant to be the strongest mount pet in the game, in which I believe we have done the job just right on that one. Its a alternative pet for someone who wants to ride a pet and not have to worry about dragging it along, and use it to kill creeps faster than you can with a mare or other mount type pet.

As far as the monitoring AFK hunters, yes, we need to improve on that and will do more GM rotations to monitor that.

6. Batercus

Batercus Newbie

I too, don't think they should be the most powerful, but I think the idea of mare+drag being the only real end game pet combo can get exhausting, it would be nice to see other combos have relevance depending on the creatures being farmed, like the Cu sidhe would be good against ancient liches because of the type of damage they do, but they just simply aren't strong enough, sure they attack fast, but they're still just "slightly" stronger than a mare by itself, but cost 4 :/. I just think it would be nice to see some other relevant pet combos for end game farming. Double fire steed is probably fastest farming white wyrms, but that's just about all their good at, and I wouldn't even really consider ww end game farming. As far as AW, AL, Balrons go, mare+dragon surpasses every other combination. Again, it would just be nice to see some variation.

7. Punkte

We'll look into adding a bit of variation into the mix. However, keep in mind that with the new Pet Leveling System in place, it may be possible to find better alternatives with the pets power increased by 20%. I know we would like to add a few more tamable pets into the mix.

8. Batercus

Batercus Newbie

That would be cool, a long time ago I screwed around on my own private server and messed with a bunch of different stuff and ended up making different dragon variations, like energy based that attacked faster but were slightly weaker in strength, poison that inflicted lethal poison but were weaker in health and damage, fire that were significantly stronger than regular dragon but attacked significantly slower, water that were slightly weaker in strength and speed, but stronger with magic and had a significantly higher health pool. I suppose something like that but with more variation on creature types would be kinda cool.

9. Punkte

Cu Sidhes will receive a damage bonus increase next patch. From 16-20 damage base to 18-24 damage base.
    This may not seem like a lot, but couple with The 500~ strength they have, its a pretty decent boost to damage.
    Dragons are base around the same 16-20 damage to put in perspective.

10. Batercus

Batercus Newbie

Yeah, straight base damage increase is a nice improvement. Thanks :)

11. Schism

Schism Journeyman

Old thread... but there's also the Ki-rin and WW. You have options to mix up mare/ki-rin and Dragon/WW.

Mare/Dragon isn't the only end-game combo.